The Galveston Railroad Museum is dedicated to the restoration, observation, and re-use of its historic facilities and equipment for the development of educational and interactive programs, which support railroading and transportation initiatives serving our regional community.
The Galveston Children’s Museum:
• is an Island resource that attracts families and serves the community;
• supports all areas of education;
• offers self-directed activities promoting science, literacy, math, and the arts;
• showcases dynamic exhibits targeting a primary focus group of children ages 2-10 and beyond.
• conducts special programming for children of all ages.
Cool off and BLAST OFF this summer at our water park near Houston on beautiful Galveston Island. From mild to wild, there’s something for everyone at Schlitterbahn Galveston.
Rivers connect for a mile of fun through three distinct park sections at Schlitterbahn Galveston. The waterpark is a thrill seekers paradise with high thrill speed slides including Rohr!, MASSIV, and the immersive Screaming Serpents body slide. Each section has raft rides, pools and water coasters with great picnic pavilions and pint sized water playgrounds for kids of all ages. If you are looking for a way to cool off or fun things to do in Galveston, we have the hottest, coolest rides around.
Enjoy the Rainforest and Aquarium Pyramids, MG3D Theater and 4D Theaters, Discovery Museum, 20,000 Leagues Interactive Adventure and the Colonel Paddlewheel Boat